2014-03-12

Taking Care of My Health is No Act - 7 dollars a month for Rachel



Video/Transcript by Rachel Brown

For me, getting covered through the Health Insurance Marketplace at HealthCare.gov was quick and easy. I was only planning to go on the website and see what was there. But boom, boom, boom…before I knew it, I was entering my name and choosing a plan. It took all of 15 minutes.

What’s incredible is I qualified for a reduced premium: $7 a month for full coverage. It doesn’t get much better than that!

I’ve got a lot of logs in the fire: In addition to graduate school, an internship, and part-time jobs, I’m trying to build an acting career in Atlanta (the Hollywood of the South!). Unfortunately, none of those pursuits have made health insurance very affordable.

When I didn’t have insurance, I often wrestled with the decision to ignore a health concern because of the cost.
It’s a scary choice: spend money on necessities, such as having a roof over my head, or go to the doctor. But in the end, it’s a no-brainer: I have to pay my rent.

Now that I have the security of health coverage, I finally feel like I can breathe.

I can pay my rent and go to the doctor.

Having insurance gives me a sense of security. It allows me to go out on any given day and live my life as care free as possible. If something were to happen to me, I would be able to go to the hospital and get the services that I need without losing everything.

I have friends who are in need of basic health care. I tell them: You need to get your dental check-ups; you need to get your physicals. I urge them to check out their options on HealthCare.gov and get covered.

Don’t delay. You have only a couple of weeks before open enrollment ends March 31st.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home