2014-05-29

CLYBURN STATEMENT ON THE PASSING OF DR. MAYA ANGELOU



WASHINGTON -- Assistant Democratic Leader James E. Clyburn released the following statement today on the passing of Dr. Maya Angelou:

“My condolences go out to the family of the great Dr. Maya Angelou. Dr. Angelou is not only revered for her incredible literary works but she inspired generations through her personal experiences and struggles.

“I had the privilege of working with her on many projects over the years. At my request, she graced us with her presence as Mistress of Ceremonies when I was sworn in as Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus. I was deeply touched by her participation in the event.

“Her accomplishments span many decades and her roles varied from actress and entertainer to author, poet and teacher. Dr. Angelou leaves a legacy of countless lives touched and infinite souls inspired.

“My wife Emily and I want to offer our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Dr. Maya Angelou, and we join the multitudes in mourning her passing and celebrating her matchless life of devotion, compassion and inspiration.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home