2014-08-24

Radio Veteran Michael Erickson dies of Lung Cancer

While the below links tell of his professional career, it was Michael Erickson that was the Soul of San Francisco State University’s radio station KSFS, as its Program Director in the 1981-1982 school year. SFSU is considered the best College Radio-TV Broadcasting Department in California, with a rare totally student-run on-air college radio station in KSFS.

I enrolled at SFSU in 1981. Coming from a rich broadcast curriculum in the two-year Los Angeles City College - where I ended up Program Director of the LACC campus radio station KLCC - Erickson put me on the air in my first semester at SFSU in September of 1981. It was Erickson that took me under his wing and even walked and drove me around the campus area familiarizing me with the SFSU community. Mike’s passionate yet focused-to-detailed broadcast critiques, propelled my passion to excel in my broadcast craft, which thankfully continues today.

According to a recent employee of Erickson in her testimony in the below third link, Michael was still as passionate about radio today as he was in 1981-82 at SFSU's KSFS.

I just wanted to take the time to thank Michael Erickson for his confidence in me. I miss you greatly, wish his family well in their time of mourning, and rest in peace Michael Erickson.

http://www.allaccess.com/urban/10-questions/archive/5881/10-questions-with-michael-erickson
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/blogs/the-city/Remembering-Michael-Erickson--271892921.html
http://www.urbaninsite.com/?p=35208

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home