2015-09-01

Los Angeles Dodgers Radio and Television Broadcaster Vin Scully To Call One More Season For Dodgers

Story by Inside Radio

Hall of Fame broadcaster Vin Scully will call one more season of Los Angeles Dodgers baseball before hanging up his headphones for good. Injecting some Hollywood sizzle into the announcement, Jimmy Kimmel broke the news to the Dodger Stadium crowd Friday night with a series of cue cards on the Dodger Stadium message board.

It will be a record 67th season for Scully, marking the longest tenure for any broadcaster with one team in sports history. Scully, 87, began calling Dodgers games in 1950. He made the move with the team to Los Angeles in 1958. In recent years he’s only called home games and road games in California and Arizona with the first three innings simulcast on radio. That arrangement will continue next year with iHeartMedia’s “AM 570 LA Sports” KLAC.

"I would say, realistically -- I don't want any headlines -- but next year would be the last one," Scully told MLB.com. "How much longer can you go fooling people? Dear God, if you give me next year, I'll hang it up. I do feel in my bones that will be enough. I'm sure the people will feel that will be enough, too. Enough is enough. Without a doubt, next year, my gosh, what's that saying, talk about next year and make the devil laugh? I'm very wary of that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home