2016-09-28

R/B Singer/Producer Kashif dead at 59


Song: Kashif - Are you the Woman?

Woke up to read this unbelievable and sad news of the passing of my friend Kashif. I don’t use this word very often as it over used and most times not applicable but in this case it applies. This man was great. His brilliance to me comes by way of Production. His vocal production was sheer brilliance. The many sessions (background and Lead) I’ve done with him were sometimes painstaking but the outcome was always incredible. He was a perfectionist. His technique of vocal production is what I still use to this day. In my humble opinion he’s not credited for being the Father of the NY sound in mid-80’s (Lillo, Freddie Jackson, Melba Moore, Howard Johnson, Melisa Morgan to name a few) with his Syncopated synth bass lines and sound. Not to mention Whitney Houston Kenny G., George Benson etc....) Many a Producer of the era borrowed from his creativity. Fortunately we kept in contact and I communicated with him as early as 2 weeks ago. We were suppose to see each other at my upcoming LA show so I’ll sing one for my friend Kashif. RIP!!

- From R/B Legend Will Downing -



Song: Kashif - Stone Love


Song: Kashif - Help Yourself to My Love


Song: Kashif featuring Melisa Morgan - Love Changes


Song: Kashif featuing Al Jarreau - Edgartown Groove


Song: Kashif - Personality


Song: Kashif - Baby Don't Break Your Baby's Heart


Song: Kashif - Lover Turn Me On (I just gotta have you)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home