2020-01-17

Wendy Williams To Howard Stern: ‘Don’t Hate On Me.’

Story by Inside Radio

While on his rant complaining that radio is not included in the larger televised awards shows, such as the Golden Globes and the Oscars, Howard Stern also ridiculed the National Radio Hall of Fame, saying, “So, every once in a while, why don’t they have a radio category as opposed to a radio hall of fame where we are ostracized into some lame event?”

As the tangent ventured further, the King of All Media said Hall founder Bruce DuMont only inducted Stern because of the publicity the longtime morning host attracts, adding “I’m fine with that, but… it’s just something that, for years — no offense to Wendy Williams — but they put Wendy Williams in before me.”

That is the headline that the Daily Mail ran with, Williams said while addressing the comments on her daytime TV talk show. “I’m tired of fighting with you, man,” Williams said during the Tuesday, Jan. 14 segment. “Why do you always have to fight with me? Because you think I’m the low-lying fruit? Why, because Imus is dead? Why, because you’re scared to go after Tom Joyner?” which garnered gasps from her in-studio audience.

Williams continued, addressing Howard directly, “We both know… and shout out to all my radio people … Only real radio-heads understand how important radio is in life… I was in love with radio before I got this chair. Now, I like this more because it pays better… Howard, you know, I know, and anybody in radio knows, people in entertainment they look over us… they think of radio like a throw-away and radio really is quite frankly the most brilliant invention ever, even before TV. Because radio makes you use your imagination. In TV everything is laid out in front of you.”

Williams, who was inducted in the NRHOF in 2011 while Stern went in a year later, then addressed the topic that garnered the headline. “I agree,” Williams continued. “He was supposed to be there before me… Personally and professionally, I admire you Howard Stern… but don’t hate on me because I got in before you.”

Before making the successful transition to TV, Williams was a popular radio host on New York radio stations “Hot 97” WQHT, WRKS and WBLS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home