2020-03-05

Will Ferrell Puts ‘Ron Burgundy Podcast’ In Front Of A Live Audience.

Story by Inside Radio

On the heels of forming a new podcast production company, actor Will Ferrell is returning with a third season of his iHeartPodcast Network show “The Ron Burgundy Podcast” with a live episode in San Diego. The fictional television anchorman will take the stage at the 1,300-seat Balboa Theater in San Diego on March 17. “Please don’t come to the show. I don’t really want an audience there,” said the in-character Ferrell. Tickets for the live event range in price from $36 to $119.

“Uncle Ron is back in town and I hope that couch is a pullout because he’s going to crash here for a while,” said Ferrell as he rolled out the new season with a 26-minute episode – the shortest Ron Burgundy Podcast that’s been published to date. The third season will feature interviews with pop star Sia, interviews with a female astronaut and an earthquake expert, and he will organize a bachelor contest for his producer and sidekick, Carolina Barlow. iHeart says it will also feature appearances from stars including BTS and Esther Perel. Sponsors for the season include State Farm, NBC and Diageo.

“I wasn’t sure how I would top the last season because it was so overwhelmingly good, but I’m proud to report that I’ve done it,” said Ferrell. “Frankly, this is my best work yet. I’ve heard that I’m the best podcaster in the game right now from several people, and I think this season will really drive that home for my trillions of devoted, die-hard listeners.”

In October Ferrell launched Big Money Players Network, a new podcast company focused on comedy shows. New programs will roll out via the joint venture, executive produced by Ferrell and iHeartMedia and distributed through the iHeartPodcast Network. The new network will recruit top comedic talent and curate a variety of podcast formats and styles, both scripted and unscripted. It is set to launch 10 podcasts over the next 24 months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home