2020-06-23

Reach Media’s D.L. Hughley Passes Out On Stage, Tests Positive For COVID-19

Story by Inside Radio
Photo left: DL Hughley

Reach Media syndicated host and comedian D.L. Hughley, who collapsed while on stage at a Nashville comedy club over the weekend, says he has tested positive for COVID-19.

News outlets broadcast a fan-shot video of Hughley slumping while sitting on a stool as his manager rushed to catch him just as he started falling toward the floor.

Hughley’s publicist said the 57-year-old was suffering from exhaustion and had been travelling during the week. Hughley took to Twitter to tell fans of his positive diagnosis, after not suffering any of the symptoms that have been commonly associated with the illness.

“I was what they call asymptomatic,” Hughley said in the post. “I didn't have flu-like symptoms, I didn't have shortness of breath, I didn't have difficulty breathing, I didn't have a cough, I didn't have a low-grade fever. I still don't have a fever. I didn't have a loss of smell or taste, apparently, I just lost consciousness… So, in addition to all the other stuff you have to look out for if you pass out in the middle of a show, onstage, you probably need to get tested.”

After being discharged from the hospital, Hughley said he would self-quarantine in his Nashville hospital. Hughley hosts a nationally-syndicated afternoon program for Reach Media. It’s unclear whether he will continue with the program during the 14-day quarantine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home